POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : interesting paper on motion blur : interesting paper on motion blur Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  interesting paper on motion blur
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Jan 2010 23:45:01
Message: <web.4b56894a790e4dbe65f302820@news.povray.org>
I came across a fascinating paper by Charles Poynton, discussing motion blur in
films and video--and the different ways we *perceive* such blur depending on the
technological platform/device its viewed on-- CRTs, LCDs, film projected in a
theater, etc. (It answered many questions I've been mulling over for years--why
there *are* differences in perception.) Not a CG discussion at all; it's about
the deeper principles involved. The paper may be a bit dated as to technology,
but not the concepts.

http://www.poynton.com/PDFs/Motion_portrayal.pdf

Ken